Interpage OutFax PC/Mac Client Main Page
The Interpage OutFax Client is a free software package which runs on a standalone or networked PC or System 10 Macintosh and connects to the Interpage Fax Server(s) to seamlessly integrate Microsoft Word and other Windows-based apps/file types with the OutFax Service.
[ Back to Main | Overview | Features | Download Client | Client Help Page | OutFax Page | Costs | Signup Form | Unlimited-use Faxing Service | Contacts ]
The Interpage OutFax Client is designed to work in conjunction with the OutFax service to facilitate seamless integration between a local PC/Mac or office network of PCs and/or Macs and the Interpage OutFax service.
With the Fax Client, Interpage OutFax customers may send faxes from their PC's desktop or from within Microsoft word by simply clicking on the client, and entering a destination phone number.
Office networks and other LANs may freely copy the Fax Client to all networked machines so that all workstations/employees may use the same Interpage OutFax account to send faxes using the Fax Client.
High-volume Tier V customers may apply to have the OutFax Client customized for their specific office needs, such as locking out certain phone numbers, time of day restrictions, and private label/logo branding.
* Send faxes anywhere with ease - simply click on the FILE button in Microsoft Word or invoke the client from the desktop, enter a destination fax number(s), and click SEND. You fax will be instantly delivered to Interpage for transmission.
* Connect your whole office to Interpage's OutFax service using the Client. The OutFax Client may be installed on every networked computer on your LAN and configured to send faxes using just one Interpage OutFax account.
* Sending Station ID and Code Fields delineate in your itemized months-end statement as well as in real-time confirmations who/which workstation sent out a given fax.
* Many Supported Formats include Doc, Doc2000, Adobe PDF, text, HTML. XLS, and PostScript.
* Simple Graphic Interface: Most functions (including send, cover sheet options, recipient options, and more, can all be set from the main user screen.
* Robust Confirmation Message System: All e-mails sent to Interpage via the Client for faxing receive both queue and successful send or failed send confirmation messages instantly, and copies of these messages may be redirected in the Client's Configuration menu.
* Fast Turnaround: Most faxes sent through Interpage are sent out only a few seconds after we receive your e-mail submission.
* Comment fields can be included on your fax cover sheet which introduce or clarify the content of your fax.
* Web-Page Faxing allows Web sites, system admins, or any individual user to send us a URL for a Web site (such as http://www.interpage.net) or HTML content in an e-mail message, and have that page/content instantly faxed to one or more locations worldwide.
* Command Line Utility: The OutFax Client may also be invoked from a DOS Prompt Command Line (PC Version only), allowing you to write simple scripts from any application to send faxes without having to run a mail program/process. A list of DOS commands and usage instructions is located here.
* OutFax Features: All OutFax features and services are included; use of the client does not in any way interfere with any of your OutFax Service features.
To download the OutFax Client, click the download
link, below, and save the file to your desktop or another folder where you
can readily locate it after the download is complete.
When the download finishes, double click on the installer file (eg, what you just downloaded), and follow the instructions to install the OutFax Client on your system.
Some warning messages may result if you do not have Microsoft Word or Office on your system, but you may ignore these and complete the installation and still use the Client with other programs/file types. (The client makes a few additions to a file folder in Word and Office; if it can not find those folders it will generate a warning but it will not otherwise adversely affect the installation of the Client software.)
If you are not a current Interpage OutFax customer, you will need to establish an OutFax account in order to utilize the Client's features. Please contact Interpage for further details on our fax services or if you have any installation-related questions.